Western Australia

Western Australia

Western Australia

Listed below are topics to help with your tenancy. If you would like to download a copy, please select Packs at the bottom of this page. 

A list of links

Listed below are links to the different government and non-government agencies or other helpful websites that were found while researching your state.  

Accommodation services for defence personnel (WA Govt)

Applying to the Tribunal (SAT)

Bond Assistance Loan Scheme (Dept of Communities)

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS)

Disputes about bonds (DMIRS)

Factsheets (Tenancy WA)

Forms (SAT)

Hardship Utilities Grant Scheme (HUGS)

Real Estate Institute of Australia (REIA)

Real Estate Institute WA (REIWA)

Remote Aboriginal Housing (Dept of Communities)

Rental forms and notices (DMIRS) 

Residential Tenancies Act 1987

Residential Tenancies Regulations 1989

State Administrative Tribunal (SAT)

Tenancy WA

Bond and security deposits

At the start of your tenancy, slowly build up a “record” of your history by recording the contact you have with any person connected to the rental property as well as your comments.  This is not for the new landlord or estate agent, it is your evidence in the event of a bond refund dispute.  By starting with the end in mind, you can prepare a strong case easily.  We will show you how using our Tenancy Electronic Record Management System (TERMS)!

Bonds online (DMIRS)

Renting a home in Western Australia – tenant’s guide (DMIRS)

Security bonds (Legislation)

Bond refunds

Joint Application for Disposal of Security Bond (DMIRS)


Payment out by agreement (Legislation)

Resolving renting disputes (CAV)

RTBA Online (RTBA)

Setting up your invoices (ATO)

Social housing advice line (Tenants Victoria)

The Tribunal VCAT (Tenants Victoria)

Time limits (VCAT)

COVID-19 Helpful links and information

This section has been added in an attempt to provide a central place to access the latest information about the current pandemic.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) and your rights (Consumer Affairs Victoria)

Coronavirus COVID-19 update (Victorian Government)

Coronavirus (COVID-19) update (Tenants Victoria) 

COVID-19 (coronavirus) information for consumers (ACCC)

COVID-19 information by state and territory (Health Direct - Government)

Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert (Australian Government)

Treasury’s Economic Response to the Coronavirus (Australian Government)

Contact details

General enquiry email (Consumer Affairs Victoria)

Download our TERMS App or use a web browser to generate:

  • Rent reduction or waive of rent payments due to COVID-19
  • Object to rent increase due to COVID-19
  • Prepare an Independent General Inspection Report using our reporter

Option fee

Please refer to the table listed on DMIRS website regarding the fees.

Rent applications and option fees (DMIRS)

Security – locks and devices

Rental property security standards (DMIRS)

Water consumption charges

Concessions (Water Corp)

Water Corporation