Currently offered at Aussie Renters
Listed below are the services offered by Aussie Renters, the majority are free of charge while an investment is required for the packages offered:
- TERMS App – use on your mobile to record your independent entry report as well as any interactions you have with the property.
- Over 30 professional letters to help with managing your rental property. Let our words start your written history.
- Aussie Renters TERMS computer folders – save your documents and pictures in the right folder on your computer or mobile device.
- Legislation with Explanation helps interpret the laws in your state or territory.
- Resource booklets to help with breaking your lease or preparing for a dispute.
- Checklists, worksheets and Covers – know what is required, keep a tidy file with an eye on important dates.
You must be a register your details and become a member of our community to use these services. Currently, we have changed the app to use the email addresses as identification. Membership is required to process the packages offered. At this point, we will add your email address to the app to allow your Notes to be entered.
Services offered with our Packages
Our packages are clerical assistance for the Aussie Renters, something that has never been offered before. Your input is gathered via the App and presented back to you by:
- Producing formal reports and worksheets reflecting your personal situation.
- Providing additional clerical assistance to further expand any report, tailoring it to your specific claim.
- Tips on how to research, gather intel or evidence from the net. Have all the answers to any question.
- Printing and preparing your documents, mailing it directly to you, express post (costs are involved with this service).
You are welcome to use the App on your web browser rather than downloading it! If you are preparing a court file for the Tribunal it is really important to download the App.
If you are really organised, you can use the web browser version efficiently. Please be advised, any movement from the active screen while keying your information can result in the image being lost. This is why we advise you to download the App.
The section of the TERMS App has the forms you need to prepare you case.
- Bond and Tenant details – up to four tenants can be listed here (if you need more, please let us know)
- Bond refund notes – this Note diarises the Initial and Follow Up letters to the landlord (see help files for processing)
- Claim against bond money – this is a summary of what the landlord is claiming
Start gathering additional information for the Tribunal, if you like!
- Evidence gathering – if you find some evidence, upload the information and add an image (or screenshot). You can load any Intel here too. This is the information that can help but is not “fact”. A wardrobe door being claimed – they say “replaced for $400” while Bunnings sells a complete door for $80, that’s intel. Try not to duplicate your evidence, if it is part of your Exit Report do not upload it again. Instead record it on your Worksheet.
- Expenses and outlays – anything you have lost due to this claim, record it here. If you had a water leak that lead to leaving and some of your property was damaged, add your Loss here. We can’t guarantee it will be reimbursed but it is better for the Tribunal know about it. Ask your Tenant Union representative for advice on how to claim any losses or expenses.
- Ongoing issues – this form allows you to record all the issues pertinent to the claim. Eventually this information would be gathered as you use the TERMS App to record all your interactions. These Notes will end up being the basis of any ongoing issues however for the time being this can be used to shortcut the information needed to defend your bond monies.
- Hearing claim details – this form is similar to the Claim against bond money form. It is more in depth and the details are gathered from the application submitted to the Tribunal.
- Hearing details – this form is not currently up and running. We plan to make this into a general disputes report that will provide brief details about your tenancy. This report can be sent to you in Word for you to add to or alter, making it as personalised as you wish. Many will advise to keep the passion out of this document, so state the facts and leave all the emotions out.
Please note: our system is set up to use Magistrates Court when your state/territory does not use the Tribunal to deal with residential tenancy claims.
Bond Retrieval Package
The Bond Retrieval Package starts with a negotiation phase. We use the first two letters to negotiate your bond refund or at least a fairer release of funds, if required. If you are referring to any issues found during the exit phase, please upload your issues and images using our Exit Inspection section of the TERMS App. These entries can be referred to as each issue is individually numbered.
The information supplied during this process goes into making:
- Dispute report is used during the conciliation process, something for you to work off with all the important information listed
- Worksheet to gather what you need to prepare for the Tribunal
For a $15 investment, we could help you show the Landlord you know your rights and perhaps prevent a drawn out hearing!
The Tribunal Package is built on the foundation of the Bond Retrieval Package and uses similar information gathered initially however it is more detailed.
You must have a copy of the application submitted to the Tribunal or Magistrates Court. This document provides you with the detail of the claim as well as the evidence the Landlord is relying on.
If you have made the application to the Tribunal, please contact your local tenant union to help gather the right information for your claim. Otherwise, try and build your evidence around what the Landlord has tried to claim at the conference.
Our packages are an excellent investment into supporting your matter and depending on how much you can do yourself, can change the costs dramatically varying between $50 to $500.
Due to COVID19 the Tribunal is conducting telephone hearings so now more than ever, it is extremely important to submit a Statement of Evidence presenting your dispute and evidence. We produce a report from your evidence that allows the reader to “speed read” the document. This can be produced in a formatted rough draft style or with a knowledge of your matter, the document can be altered to match exactly what you are trying to explain to the Tribunal.
You can tweak the document yourself or we can put it together for you. When it’s complete, have it witnessed and signed by a JP.
Do it yourself packages
By entering your evidence into our App, you can create a chronological Statement of Evidence. All the Notes and Evidence entered are listed against the paragraph and will be presented in a report with the coloured images presented in full size.
The Claim Against Bond Report will present the important information in a one page document so you can locate any detail quickly.
Our Evidence Gathering booklet is included in this package and provides helpful hints on how to find the information you need to support your matter.
This will also help any advocacy service assisting you, send your documents to the Tenant Union and let them help you build a stronger case.
We do it for you
If you have limited time and can afford the investment (starting price $200), we can do the work for you.
We will organise a shared folder on our Google Drive and organise for you to upload all the necessary documents. A Disputes Worksheet will need to be updated with the main points of your dispute and from there, we will find the evidence in the documents you supply to help support your matter.
It can take a few days to prepare the documents from draft to finalised (5 to 7 days), so please contact us immediately after receiving your hearing date and/or when your evidence is required to be tendered. When we have become fully booked with Court File preparation, the products will state “out of stock”.
Print ‘n’ Post
Currently, printing and posting is not required by the Tribunal as you can email all documents to them. However, we know there are customers out there that prefer to print a coloured copy of their Court File and drop it to the Tribunal or Magistrates Court to ensure they have received it on time.
If you do not have a printer available, you are welcome to use our service. We will print 2 coloured copies of your Court File and one in black and white (for the Landlord) and express post the documents directly to you. We do not wish to be the middleman, our service is provided to the member only so please do not assume we will be posting these documents out to three separate parties.
We have listed help file under the tab for Bond Refunds to help (and hopefully not confuse) you complete the required sections of the TERMS App. All compulsory fields have an * beside them and every form will ask for your email address.
The Tribunal/Magistrates Court need to know the “how, who, what, where and when” details so the majority of the details you enter will require this information. We have made dropdowns reveal prepopulated responses to make this process quick and easy. You can only upload an image per form entry. If there is additional information about the one item, it must be completed using a new form.
For instance, an entry for sending and receiving an email can be shortened by entering Received an email → with a response from the → Landlord rather than sent an email then received an email. Take a screenshot of the sent and received response and load it with this entry. When the Statement of Evidence is produced, a separate paragraph can be added (addressing the two emails) with the same evidence number.
are about specific interactions/correspondence rather than general info. Evidence gathered is to give you a place to record information that does not really fit in the Notes sections or if you are in a hurry due to time constraints, you can add all your evidence via this form. Ongoing issues was designed to add a particular issue that was constant throughout the tenancy, for instance, some members suffered ongoing water leaks due to faulty pipes and their personal property was being damaged every time there was a water leak.
Example: the inspection report at entry was not provided and your signed completed report was not returned by the Landlord. By using the Notes section to enter this information, you can change how your paragraph reads.
An Entry note states this information precisely where Evidence gathered would doesn’t. The responses are different and using this example, there is not an appropriate dropdown to record this information. If you made it fit, you would be limited to Information gathered. instead of highlighting the fact that the report was not given or signed and returned. If it doesn’t fit, try not to force it. You will probably find what you are looking for under another category in Notes.
Aussie Renters provides clerical or adminstration skills only. We are not solicitors and do not purport to be. No legal advice is offered however we do offer structured reports and letters with the skills to assist in making your negotiations, case or application clear and precise. All letters and reports are written on behalf of the tenant and once satisfied, the tenant forwards the correspondence to the Landlord/property manager, tenant union, bond authority and/or Tribunal/Magistrates Court.You can add to your letter or remove paragraphs you do not like, tailor your correspondence to suit yourself. The Entry and Exit reports cannot be altered as these are used as evidence and need to be secured so we can state the date and time received.